The Policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site and our products and services. This statement will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our customers’ needs.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit the Mind Your Head website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website. By following, you confirm you are 21+.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE
For example, you may need to provide the following information:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Payment information;
- Account information (including your name and contact details, as well as any account preferences you have created within your account);
- Date of birth, and other information included in a government-issued identification;
- Transaction history (which shows us products and services you have requested, payments and credits and any returns processed);
- Location data (for example, a location is derived from your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or data such as a zip code or name of a town or city);
- Information you provide on any Website page or other online sharing platforms, such as photos, comments, ratings and other information you choose to submit with us;
- Social media account ID, photos, posts and other account content; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide so that we can communicate with you (for example, when you contact us to provide customer feedback).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you sign up for a newsletter, register an account to access the Services, or make a purchase.
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- Publicly available databases;
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about our Services.
- To complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion.
- Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests;
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology, marketing management, financial services, age-verification services and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you can post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages and any Website page). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is important
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to third parties in connection with any actual or potential reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION
In addition to Personal Information, we and our third-party partners also collect certain Other Information when you visit our Websites, use our Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. This includes:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
COLLECTION OF OTHER INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device:
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the Contacting Us section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information. We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: We will only send you marketing-related email communications consistent with your preferences. The ability to opt in/out of such communications is available at check-out and within your account.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted considering the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Some of the products that we sell on our Services are regulated and age restricted. We will only send you marketing materials and information that encourage or facilitate a purchase of our products after you have certified that 1) you are of legal purchasing age for the product you wish to purchase, and 2) that you understand that providing false information may constitute a violation of the law.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of twenty-one (21), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 21. In addition to providing the foregoing information, if you choose to correspond further with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
WEBSITE USE INFORMATION
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Web site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed and designed to safeguard the security and privacy of our customers’ personal information. As a customer, you will be given the opportunity.
What Are Cookies? Cookies are a feature of Web browser software that allows Web servers to recognize the computer used to access a Web site. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s Web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one Web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related Web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from Web page to Web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM COOKIES?
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and Web server logs to gather information about our website users’ browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our customers. This information assists us to design and arrange our Web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our customers and prospective customers.
Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our Web site as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our Web site and evaluate our Web site’s visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you although they do permit us to send focused online banner advertisements or other such responses to you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We utilize encryption/security best practices to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
COMMUNICATIONS OPT OUT
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from Mind Your Head, you can unsubscribe by following the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you located at the footer of the communication. We can be reached at Left Coast Ventures, Inc., with business address at: 975 Corporate Center Parkway Unit 120, Santa Rosa, CA 95407 or by phone at 707-757-7880. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments or suggestions. Control License # C11-0000753-LIC .
DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
WHAT ABOUT LEGALLY COMPELLED DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.